Friday, August 2, 2013

David Jones Spring Summer 2014

Last season I dressed at the David Jones Autumn Winter launch (see here), it was the first show I had dressed at and between then and now I've dressed at so many shows that I've lost count. So anyway last season I started as a dresser and this season I had the amazing opportunity to be a part of the styling team as an assistant.
samira hoque stylist, samira hoque styling, samira hoque blog, spring summer, david jones, styling
One of the David Jones most recent window displays
 I have to say I have seriously learnt so so much in the past few weeks and am so greatful that I got to play such a big part in the show. It's kind of ridiculous to think about how much prep there is in the follow up to the show, you don't think about the weeks leading up and just the sheer amount of everything that has to be done. It's all so worth it once the show is over.

samira hoque stylist, samira hoque styling, samira hoque blog, assistant styling, styling experience, how to become a stylist, all white outfit, jessica gomes, supermodel
David Jones Spring Summer 2014 Launch White Opening
 Go ahead and click through to the read more for more backstage antiqs and pics xxx
Follow me on Bloglovin
Follow me on Facebook


I had the great pleasure of dressing this wonderful girl, Montana Cox, the David Jones Young Women's Fashion Ambassader. She is seriously so beautiful, but then again so were all the models..

samira hoque stylist, samira hoque styling, samira hoque blog, montana cox
Myself and Montana Cox before the show in Alex Perry's opening look

We spent a lot of our waiting time backstage hanging out with this gorgeous girl, Samantha Harris. Our little crew included Sammy, me, Sarah, Sally and Caitlin. I fangirled super hard, flailing in her face when she followed me on instagram and we took selfies on her phone and after the show she chose the worst (probably best) pic of us and posted it up. Super embarassed by my double chin haha.
samira hoque stylist, samira hoque styling, samira hoque blog, samantha harris
Myself and Samantha Harris in her Camilla outfit
samira hoque stylist, samira hoque styling, samira hoque blog, samantha harris
Our gang, Sally, Caitlin, Myself, Sarah and Sammy chilling before the show
The gang minus Sammy, we spammed her phone haha
Media wall with Sally
Media wall with the crew

Elevator selfies with Sally and Caitlin after the show
samira hoque stylist, samira hoque styling, samira hoque blog, zac stenmark
Myself and Zac (or Jordan...I'm sure it's Zac) Stenmark at the fittings in his Camilla Hoodie
samira hoque stylist, samira hoque styling, samira hoque blog, zac stenmark
Zac being cute during the fittings in Camilla hoodie
samira hoque stylist, samira hoque styling, samira hoque blog, stenmark twins
Me and Sarah derping with Jordan and Zac Stenmark after the show
samira hoque stylist, samira hoque styling, samira hoque blog, jessica gomes
Sarah, Jessica Gomes (new face of David Jones) and myself before the show
samira hoque stylist, samira hoque styling, samira hoque blog, louise van der vorst
Louise Van Der Vorst and myself before the show
The girls from the Fashion Institute
Follow me on Bloglovin
Follow me on Facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting!