Monday, June 10, 2013

The Carrie Diaries: 80s Flashback

Although I was never in the era of watching Sex in the City, I took it upon myself after many recommendations to start watching the series 'The Carrie Diaries'. It's basically a prequel to Sex in the City and it features Carrie Bradshaw when she was 16 years old. I'm currently 6 episodes in and it's safe to say that I am hooked. The fashion in the show screams out accuracy with the fluoro and the poofy dresses and the plaid blazers, I even think I spotted someone in double denim in the background. But then again, how am I supposed to know how accurate that is? I am after all a nineties kid.

the carrie diaries, sex in the city, carrie bradshaw, about the carrie diaries, fluoro, poofy dress, plaid blazer, double denim, 80s, eighties, 80s fashion, fashion, style, camilla and marc, camilla and marc autumn winter 2013, autumn winter, 2013, camo, camouflage, fashion trends, denim, city, khaki, plaid, tv show, pretty, le simply classy blog, le simply classy, lesimplyclassy blog, lesimplyclassy


What struck me most was how much of that fashion we are seeing now. History is repeating itself. I know, so freakin' lame, but it's true. For example, this outfit, does it not look exactly like something out of Camilla and Marc's Autumn Winter 2013 collection?
carrie diaries outfits, the carrie diaries, sex in the city, carrie bradshaw, about the carrie diaries, fluoro, poofy dress, plaid blazer, double denim, 80s, eighties, 80s fashion, fashion, style, camilla and marc, camilla and marc autumn winter 2013, autumn winter, 2013, camo, camouflage, fashion trends, denim, city, khaki, plaid, tv show, pretty, le simply classy blog, le simply classy, lesimplyclassy blog, lesimplyclassy, the carrie diaries fashion
Carrie's little sister dons the whole military camo khaki grunge trend, which I have to say is ever so popular right now, filtering right down to all the department stores (as they would say in Devil Wears Prada, does anyone get what I'm saying? No? Okay.). I have even taken it upon myself to bring this trend into what I'm doing (see here- I'm still in search for a khaki jacket, and see here), and not only that, Camilla and Marc seem to have thrown it into their Autumn Winter collection aswell!
the carrie diaries, sex in the city, carrie bradshaw, about the carrie diaries, fluoro, poofy dress, plaid blazer, double denim, 80s, eighties, 80s fashion, fashion, style, camilla and marc, camilla and marc autumn winter 2013, autumn winter, 2013, camo, camouflage, fashion trends, denim, city, khaki, plaid, tv show, pretty, le simply classy blog, le simply classy, lesimplyclassy blog, lesimplyclassy, military, grunge, devil wears prada, camilla and marc autumn winter,  camilla and marc fall, dorrit, dorrit bradshaw, the carrie diaries fashion, dorrit fashion, dorrit bradshaw fashion, carries sister the carrie diaries
You guys already know I love love love double denim at the moment (see here), but what I love more is one Austin Butler (plays Sebastian) in double denim. He has got to be the epitome of perfection, and I may be a tad obsessed. One more thing, surprise surprise, Camilla and Marc jumped on the trend aswell...
the carrie diaries, sex in the city, carrie bradshaw, about the carrie diaries, fluoro, poofy dress, plaid blazer, double denim, 80s, eighties, 80s fashion, fashion, style, camilla and marc, camilla and marc autumn winter 2013, autumn winter, 2013, camo, camouflage, fashion trends, denim, city, khaki, plaid, tv show, pretty, le simply classy blog, le simply classy, lesimplyclassy blog, lesimplyclassy, military, grunge, devil wears prada, camilla and marc autumn winter,  camilla and marc fall, dorrit, dorrit bradshaw, sebastian kydd, kydd, sebastion the carrie diaries, double denim trend, fashion trends, the carrie diaries fashion
I think I've accidentally stumbled upon the source of Camilla and Marc's inspiration. Oops. xx
Follow me on Bloglovin
Follow me on Facebook

3 comments:

  1. absolutely love this show!

    www.thestylealien.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. The series is so incredible! Cannot wait for the second!

    Purposeful Drifter

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have to say I'm a bigger fan of the original but the fashions are pretty amazing!
    xo
    styleontheside.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting!