Thursday, June 20, 2013

Sunset

I was going through my iphone's camera roll the other day and it's a little bit ridiculous how many photos I have of sunsets. Sunsets from my balcony, sunsets at the beach, sunsets wherever I happen to be at that moment.
sunset, pretty, colours, 2011, alexander wang, christopher kane, dress, galaxy, the world, inspiration, inspiration images, iphone, iphone photos, resort, sky, sunset, lesimplyclassy
Sunset from my house last week

Sure it looks pretty in photos, but it's nothing compared to what actually is in front of you. How is it possible that we can have something so amazing happen every single day? What I'm trying to say is, why do we try to capture it when a) photos don't look as good, b) it happens every day and c) what is so mystifying about the sky?
sunset, pretty, colours, 2011, alexander wang, christopher kane, dress, galaxy, the world, inspiration, inspiration images, iphone, iphone photos, resort, sky, sunset, lesimplyclassy, mcq by alexander mqueen sunset dress
MCQ by Alexander McQueen Sunset Dress

Then I got to thinking about it, like really thinking about it... I don't know I was getting really deep. It hit me though, it was so obvious. It's not the sky itself, but what is beyond it. This insane universe that we know nothing about, it's ridiculous but so intriguing.
sunset, pretty, colours, 2011, alexander wang, christopher kane, dress, galaxy, the world, inspiration, inspiration images, iphone, iphone photos, resort, sky, sunset, lesimplyclassy, mcq by alexander mqueen sunset dress, christopher kane 2011 resort collection
Christopher Kane 2011 Resort Collection
I suppose even though it doesn't look as good in photos per say, if we can grab every bit of inspiration from what is above us and make it work. I guess that's what they mean by 'inspiration is everywhere'.



5 comments:

  1. beautiful photos and inspiration

    www.mywildmess.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sunsets are gorgeous, I don't blame you for taking lots of pictures! I'm loving all those dresses!
    xo
    styleontheside.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really love this post! I'm your newest follower

    www.thestylealien.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting!