Friday, May 31, 2013

DIY Distressed Jeans

You may have noticed my most obsession with denim at the moment (see here). For the next photoshoot
I'm styling there is a heavy focus on denim and so I decided to buy a pair from vinnies and distress it myself for the shoot. It's honestly impossible to find the perfect distressed jeans so I thought this would be a good way to create my own look. My major inspiration for this look was this image I came across, although the shade of denim is completely different and the end result didn't look anything like it!

distressed denim, denim, jeans, double denim, distress, how to distress denim, how to distress jeans, easy jeans diy, easy denim diy, diy, tutorial, how to, how to distress jeans, jeans how to diy distress, inspiration, vinnies, diy, do it yourself, ripped jeans skin was showing, ripped jeans,

Anyway this is a super easy (but time consuming) way to create your own distressed denim jeans, shorts, jacket, whatever you like. It's an alternative to the whole brick laying and sandpapering method.
What you'll need is a pair of scissors, a pair of jeans and some tweezers. The lighter the wash of the jeans the better, it's a lot easier to work with.

distressed denim, denim, jeans, double denim, distress, how to distress denim, how to distress jeans, easy jeans diy, easy denim diy, diy, tutorial, how to, how to distress jeans, jeans how to diy distress, inspiration, vinnies, diy, do it yourself, ripped jeans skin was showing, ripped jeans,

distressed denim, denim, jeans, double denim, distress, how to distress denim, how to distress jeans, easy jeans diy, easy denim diy, diy, tutorial, how to, how to distress jeans, jeans how to diy distress, inspiration, vinnies, diy, do it yourself, ripped jeans skin was showing, ripped jeans,

distressed denim, denim, jeans, double denim, distress, how to distress denim, how to distress jeans, easy jeans diy, easy denim diy, diy, tutorial, how to, how to distress jeans, jeans how to diy distress, inspiration, vinnies, diy, do it yourself, ripped jeans skin was showing, ripped jeans,

distressed denim, denim, jeans, double denim, distress, how to distress denim, how to distress jeans, easy jeans diy, easy denim diy, diy, tutorial, how to, how to distress jeans, jeans how to diy distress, inspiration, vinnies, diy, do it yourself, ripped jeans skin was showing, ripped jeans,

distressed denim, denim, jeans, double denim, distress, how to distress denim, how to distress jeans, easy jeans diy, easy denim diy, diy, tutorial, how to, how to distress jeans, jeans how to diy distress, inspiration, vinnies, diy, do it yourself, ripped jeans skin was showing, ripped jeans,


Follow me on Bloglovin
Follow me on Facebook

10 comments:

  1. Awesomeeeee! I have a few pair from last summer that make my but look great, but I just got a bit bored with. So I am definitely gonna pull up this tutorial on my phone and get to pulling!

    Good luck on this weeks' Links A La Mode!

    Stick Out!
    Krystal

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great DIY since I have a pair of jeans I've been dying to play around with.
    xo
    Tiffy
    Blog: CuteLA.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I would love to see the results! xx

      Delete
  3. Love it! Oh this is making me want to re-work my jeans!
    xo
    styleontheside.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! If you do please send me the pics! xx

      Delete
  4. Great.

    xo june

    http://www.fuckhighclass.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wanna see the final result!!

    Show us the photoshoot ! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting!