Sunday, February 17, 2013

Review: Illamasqua Rubber Brights Serenity

Sometimes when you know something, you just know. You don't need someone to justify it for you and you know its meant to be. When I first laid eyes on Illamasqua's Serenity (from the limited edition Rubber Brights collection- read about it here) I just knew it would be the colour for me. Not to brag or anything, but I was so right. This colour is the colour I have been searching for my whole life.

illamasqua, rubber brights, collection, serenity, nailpolish, aqua, blue, colour, pretty
 So basically this polish has a really kind of thin consistency which means you have to put on two coats, but I promise it's worth it! After you double dose on the coating the nail varnish dries to a really cool matte finish which I love.
illamasqua, rubber brights, collection, serenity, nailpolish, aqua, blue, colour, pretty

Just a tip, the one thing you shouldn't do here is topcoat, I wouldn't usually say that but I think to put a topcoat on this particular polish would ruin the matte finish and the overall look of it. Not only that, but you really don't need it because it's chip resistant anyway! It's a win win situation, you get a gorgeous manicure which actually lasts and you get to save your precious top coat for the nailpolishes that aren't up to standard. I've been waiting a few days to post this to see how long it would last, I'm on day 5 and still no chips. With everything that I do, 5 days is a solid amount of time for a polish to last. Still going strong.  

If you know me, you know I'm a crazy nail fanatic. Crazy nail fanatic here definitely recommends! Anywho if you haven't already, check out the other colours in the range here.
Hope you're having a fantabulous day! xxx

5 comments:

  1. This looks amazing <3
    Love the vibrant color.
    xx
    http://rivers-running-high.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh that is such a pretty, pretty colour!
    xo
    girlintheyellowdress.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a great color and I love the mate finish ;D

    great blog, following you now ;D

    xoxo Julieta
    www.vjuliet.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the color! I may have to try and find this one!

    -Brittiny
    http://www.fashionofphilly.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. where do you buy these glorious nail polishes!!! i can never find matte colours!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting!