Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Erika Astrid Photography (Interview)

 
 After discovering the talented photographer Erika Astrid in NEET Magazine, I just had to get in touch! I then managed to score an interview with her. If you are aspiring in the fashion or photography industry you should have a look at her work, I've got to say it's amazing. Read on to see what she had to say! xxx



Tell me a bit about yourself?
      I am Erika, just turned 29. I moved to Boise, ID USA a year ago from Germany and fell in love with this city right away. I am a fashion designer, photographer and a dreamer. I follow my dreams and create art on the way.

      How did you start with photography?
        I have always been interested in photography and while I got to work with some amazing photographers, I always had a vision of how I wanted  my clothes to look and it didn’t always turn out that way. So when I moved to Boise last year, I just did it, I contacted some models, did my first shoots, after a couple month I bought a better camera and everything else is history. I try to push myself everytime I do a shoot and I do grow everytime.

           How did you get your name out in the fashion and photography industries?
        I am not sure my name is out there yet but because I have had my label for so long, I know how to market myself. I also have some good connections to Ben Trovato, so when I showed Marius my photography work, he was like ‘Keep shooting, I can see your potential but its not quite there yet.’ So I did it, and I send him every shoot I did...haha, and after like 3-4 shoots he was like YES! And my first story was published on Ben Trovato. And I just always try to find new online mags and send them my photographs, I signed up on Vogue.it and got published there about 30 times already.

       Tell me about your online boutique?
        I started designing because I couldn’t find any cool and comfortable clothes, so I decided to make my own. I just picked up a machine and some fabric and went for it. Now, 10 years later I have build this incredible community of the coolest cats! And it’s still growing.

       What has been your favourite shoot so far?
        Every shoot I do is my favorite one and looking at my past work I am super critical of it. I see everything I could have done differently. So, my favorite right now is the Wild+Free shoot I did for my SS2013 Collection.

        How do you prepare for a shoot?
        I usually know which model I want to shoot with, then I start a board on Pinterest for the moods. Then I see what clothes I can use that I already have or I go thrifting. Then I find a location and get the hair & makeup team together. And when I shoot it usually turns out completely different anyways :)

       Is there any project you are looking forward to in the future?
        I have my first male shoot on Sunday, should be interesting!

        Do you have any tips for oncoming fashion photographers out there?
        Its all about being confident and very critical about your own work. Keep working on it if you think its great, its not. So keep working, watching and push yourself to the limit! And NEVER EVER give up!
S
SSo there you have it! If you want to check out more of Erika's work you should check out her online boutique or her website!
     website: http://www.erikaastridphotography.com/ 
     boutique: http://www.asuyeta.com/
     blog: http://erikaastridphotography.tumblr.com/

























 

9 comments:

  1. Wow I'm jealous that you scored an interview with her! What a privilege!
    Her photography is absolutely amazing!

    xx
    Anna

    modestelle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an inspirational interview. She is so talented her photos are STUNNING!
    xo
    Tiffy
    http://www.CuteLA.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. gorgeous photos! I love interviews like this. Thanks so much for posting it!
    xo
    girlintheyellowdress.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. nice interview! And I could see she's a good photographer. Would love to see more of her.

    www.styleiseternal.net

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great interview and photo... Keep up the good work
    Coocoo4coco.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! I love her photos! amazing interview! :)
    Xo Pam
    http://fashionlovebypam.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting!