Thursday, January 10, 2013

DIY Shorts

So I pretty much spent my entire day sitting in the new ~studio~ ooh. I don't know if you guys remember a few posts back when I was going to make a creative space out of the cabana in our backyard, but it's basically done! I've got a table set up with my sewing machine and like sketch books and that, a wall of inspiration and it's looking pretty good!
I got myself a garment rack and everything!!

Anyway I found this great DIY on shorts on http://www.maycieafterfive.com/2011/07/how-to-make-shorts.html so I decided to make my own pair! Well I ended up making two.
The first patterned kind of one was my attempt at making shorts without a pattern ( I don't own any to trace) and it kind of worked out...the second pair turned out a lot better because I actually got the measurements right! The weird lump at the top of the denim one is meant to be a pocket.. Both shorts were made out of just scrap material I had lying around.  But yeah, that's what I did all day! 
Let me know in the comments if you know any other good DIY's or have any ideas for my next project! xx

4 comments:

  1. Thats so cool, you did it so well. What about dresses? Maybe a maxi dress for the next DIY?
    I followed gfc.

    Ivana
    http://ruedetreschic.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. great idea, I don't think I've done a maxi yet! (probably from lack of enough material) But I think I will! xx

      Delete
  2. You did an amazing job!

    xo
    Tiffy
    www.CuteLA.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting!